The legendary Cinecittà has been the birthplace of thousands of international and Italian feature films, including many Acadamey Award winners.Today, a diverse slate of productions, from television drama to music videos, are shot on our lot. We have the finest production facillities in europe and our mulit-lingual staff and technicians have more years of experience than any other studio in Europe.
GENERAL MAP (.pdf) - Theatres (1-10) - Theatres (11-21)
We have also permanent tents on the Studio lot:
Palastudio - PLANIMETRY (.pdf)
Dimension: 200ft X 115ft; Area: 22, 798 sq. ft ; Height: 38ft
Dimension 20 x 75m Area: 1.500 mq - PLANIMETRY(.pdf)
- PLANIMETRY (.pdf)
Dimension: 477 ft x 236ft ; Area: 112,840 sq ft; Submersible height: 6ft ; Hatch: 12ft; Backdrop: 262ft x 21.6ft ; Backdrop height: 65ft
- Ancient Italian Civilisation set - 5 acres of backlot
- Roman amphitheatre
- Small villas (exteriors)
- Submarine interior - 260 ft (79.25)
- Tuscan/Umbrian medieval town square circa 1200 to today
Executive Production Services
Our Executive Production Services (EPS) provides assistance to international feature films based at Cinecittà, making your decision to film in Italy a successful choice. We believe that making things easier for our customers is the key to incentivise shooting at Cinecittà and filming in Italy.
- All invoices made out to foreign film companies are VAT (21%) free: this surpass any issue related to VAT reimbursements, since Cinecittà will monetize VAT to the production;
- The Tax Credit is immediately effective on the movie budget every month , as a deduction on monthly taxes to be paid locally by Cinecittà Studios on behalf of the foreign production.
- A combination of the Incentive with Regional Film Funds is allowed, with additional benefits when shooting in Rome and in other regions.
We assist International productions progressively in order to let projects grow and optimize all the benefits available in Italy.
- Phase 1: A professional introduction to Italian Tax Credit and Fiscal Benefits available in Italy, tailored for your specific project ;
- Phase 2: Analysis of the project’s eligibility and professional counselling to increase eligibility criteria;
- Phase 3: Analysis of the movie’s budget /schedule in order to estimate Tax Benefits, VAT refunds and timings;
- Phase 4: Executive Production Services, Tax Rebate and Fiscal Benefits Administration. Just choose a Line Producer of your choice amongst those cooperating with Cinecittà.
Luce Cinecittà aggregates the best Italian Professionals available in Italy: Line Producers, Tax Experts, Locations Managers, Casting Directors, etc
Services for International Productions
Cinecittà Budgeting Preparation Service: Cinecittà provides, through professionals, assistance to foreign producers in determining the costs of producing at our Studios. A budget of costs will be provided in accords to different projects.
Rome Production Community: Rome is home to one of the largest and most experienced production communities in the world. With over 5,000 craftspeople, suppliers and other professionals, it is second only to Hollywood in size and diversity. They furnish every kind of auxiliary service and personnel, from stunt performers to weaponry specialists, from prosthetics to weather effects, from antique cars and carriages to period costumes and wigs.
Our partner network, a select group of internationally-experienced companies, will help you access this wealth of talent:
production services specialists
location scouts and managers
budgeting and accounting professionals
equipment and technical services providers
specialized post-production facilities and services
Together, Luce Cinecittà, our network partners and the Rome production community can provide complete services for all types of productions, from feature films to fashion shoots.
Roma Lazio Film Commission: This publicly-funded organisation helps producers secure locations, permits and production services.